Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Busy Bee

March is almost here and I can't believe February is almost over. Things have been busy but in a good way.

February means birthdays and Valentine's Day. Jace turned 27 and I turned 25. I joke with Jace that he is getting old since he is quickly approaching 30! I will forever do this to him since he is 2 years older than me. When my birthday rolled around I realized that I am in the prime of my life and these next few years will be a blast. I can't wait for what is to come because there are big changes coming down the pike (an engagement, Master's graduation, Jace's graduation, a wedding to plan, the BAR exam, a move, etc.)

Since Jace and I are apart, Valentine's Day isn't too big of a day for us. We send each other cards and promise to celebrate the next time we see one another. For me, it is not about what Jace does for me but what I do for others. Ross and I sent Mom flowers to her office and I anxiously waited for her call to tell me about the arrangment. It brightens her day and in turn brightens mine. As for my other Valentine, the Teak, I picked out a card and bought her a medium size box of chocolates. I was excited about giving them to her and she liked it. However, she went above and beyond and even brought a tear to my eye! I came home from work and found a homemade card and chocolate pie. I truly have the best grandmother! By the way, the two of us put a major dent in that pie!

Maybe this month has flown by because work has picked up. We are preparing for two in-service trainings with 100 Extension agents attending. Having 100 agents enroll for a training rarely occurs and we are thankful for the support. However, that means there are binders to assemble, agendas to create, caterers to call, and the list goes on. I always love being with the agents and appreciate the support they have shown toward MITT.

In additon to the trainings, I have been planning two big events: Lauren's bachelorette party and our summer vacation. After countless Facebook messages between the bride and bridesmaids, we have set a date to celebrate Lauren's engagement! We are eating at Malone's and getting a hot stone massage! I can't wait to catch up with dear friends, eat, laugh, and relax. I also contacted the condo owner for Jace and my summer vacation. I am pleased with our condo choice and look forward to experiencing Seaside, Fl. Any beach sounds good right now!

Throughout all of this, I have been inching closer to completing my Master's. I have been emailing back and forth with my chair about setting a defense date. The Power Point has been created and the final two chapters need to be sent to the editor. I can't believe it is finally time to defend. I am hoping for an early April defense!

If these events weren't big enough, I am flying down to see Jace in 7 DAYS!!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to see him and be back in Mississippi. I fell in love with Mississippi the first time I visited and consider it my vacation spot. It comfortable and so Southern--I can't get enough of it. I may complain about the demands of law school some days but one thing I will never complain about is Barrister's Ball (Law School Prom). It is an excuse to dress up and dance the night away to old rap songs. Jace's dance moves are simply hilarious and he keeps me in stitches on the dance floor.

I feel like I have been a busy bee and the calendar keeps filling up. This can only mean one thing: I am blessed to go to work each day, visit with friends, spend time with family, and enjoy this life of mine. I hope you feel the same way about your life--busy is not always a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment