Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bridal Shower

This past Saturday was our bridal shower, which was held at my home church First Christian Church.
Beforehand, I talked to Lauren and Liz about their wedding showers and asked for any tips. Liz said to eat as soon as we could and as fast as we could. I tried. I shoveled in cake, which was so good, but didn't eat an entire piece because I enjoyed talking to everyone so much more. Lauren said to try to get through the gifts quickly because no one likes to sit all day at a shower. I tried to keep both pieces of advice in mind and am thankful that friends have already gone before me and can provide wisdom.

Five lovely ladies hosted our shower and they transformed the fellowship hall into a beautiful space. Rita decorated the tables with hydrangeas from her yard and accented the vases with sage green ribbon.
 

Each lady made a cake and they looked beautiful. Unfortunately I didn't have time to taste them all but the reviews were raving.


For our wedding, I really haven't recreated anything from Pinterest but I did ask that this cupcake dress be made. Is this not the cutest?

 

As with any shower, there are several gifts and cards and Jace and I were overwhelmed with everyone's generosity. We love our gifts but probably the best part of the shower was visiting with everyone. We think there were at least 60 people who stopped by and Jace and I tried our hardest to speak to everyone. We saw people we hadn't seen in a long time and it was so good to catch up everyone. Jace and I are talkers and we visited with everyone until we felt like we HAD to start opening up gifts because if not we wouldn't have left the church until the wee hours of the morning. Once we settled down and started opening gifts we realized that we would be there awhile. We would open several but it wouldn't seem like we put a dent on the pile.

Y'all I have a great man! Poor Jace woke up a 6 AM and drove from MS to KY to make it on time for our shower. Once there, he was in charge of writing down the gifts we received, he threw away the wrapping paper/bag/tissue paper, and then walked the gift over and created another pile for opened gifts. He did this for every.single.gift. Bless him!

Bride & Groom
Once everything was all said and over, I can confidently say our kitchen is making good progress. We received several things that will help me set a beautiful table. Now, I just need to learn how to prepare, cook, bake all this food I am supposed to put on the plates, bowls, and serving pieces!

Our family
Our mothers gave us wonderful gifts. Mom got us an Amish quilt and bake ware and Dana bought our 8 piece setting of our every day dishes. Both of which will come in handy! Here is a picture of all the gifts after the shower!

The After

As much as we love our gifts, we can only take a select few to Gainesville. We simply don't have room in our apartment and I am afraid something will get broken in the moving process. Thankfully, Mom has a huge basement and everything will be stored there in the meantime. So when we move again in another year, we will essentially have another shower. We will get to see and finally use our wedding gifts.

Overall, it was a great day! We got to see so many people and I only wish we had more time to talk to everyone longer. Jace and I are overwhelmed by the love and generosity of our friends and family. Through this entire wedding process, everything has been so surreal, including our shower. I just can't believe I am going to marry this great man and all of this is for us?! All of it makes this girl weak in the knees and teary eyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment