Friday, December 21, 2012

Color Me Rad!!!

I have lost my mind! If you find it, please sent it my way! In fact, Whitney has lost hers too! Our minds will be together if you find them. We are going to sign up for the Color Me Rad 5K. Now I have never ran a 5K nor am I a runner but I have a desire to be a runner. I have always heard that running is one of the best things you can do physically.You can do it almost any time, any place, and best of all it is free.

I began talking to Nick about my desire to run about two weeks ago. I want to train more but session fees add up quickly and this girl lives in the po' house. So I decided that running would be the best option for me. I can supplement my weekly training sessions with running and get healthy, be in better shape, have clothes fit better, and more importantly feel better! Nick is an avid runner and has ran in numerous marathons and he and I talked about a running program I found on Women's Health. It is similar to Couch to 5K and is a combination of walking and running.

So I went to the gym on Wednesday by myself... no trainer. That is huge for me! Just me, my thoughts, and the sound of my feet hitting the treadmill. Since all the students are gone on break, the Johnson Center was not crowded and I could pick which treadmill I wanted. I didn't go fast and just ran at a comfortable pace. With a combination of running and walking, I completed 2.5 miles in 34 minutes, which included a warm up and cool down. I was pleased! I didn't kill myself and because I didn't, I was motivated to run again and left the gym feeling proud that I did it on my own.

However, the competitor in me wants to achieve something and it makes sense that I want to run a 5K after running only one time, right? I have heard about Color Me Rad and seen pictures of this crazy race and thought why not set this as my goal? This is where Whitney comes in! We both want to be fit and want to be each other's accountability partner. So I shot her the link, the date of the race, and said are we crazy? Apparently we are because we are going to sign up as soon as we get paid. The race is on campus, March 2nd!!

I told Jace about desire to run, the Teak, and now you. If I tell you about my running and progress to the 5K, then I have to hold myself accountable. So here it is friends, I, Katie Keith, am going to run a 5K and best of all, I get to do it with my best friend! Lord be with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment