Wednesday, December 12, 2012

There's another wedding in the works!!!!!!!!

Hi Y'all! As you might know today is 12-12-12. Ross Keith made sure it would be a date that none of us would forget, especially Elizabeth Shaw! Tonight Ross proposed!!!!

The Future Mr. and Mrs. Ross Keith!
Ross and Beth have dated for over two years and I don't know if two people can compliment each other more. They both enjoy the outdoors, hunting, farm life, know the value of hard work, love easily, and are family oriented. I have gotten to know and love Beth over these past two years and I couldn't be happier in gaining her as sister-in-law. She loves Ross and Ross adores her!

He got the ring before Thanksgiving and picked out the one she wanted. She mentioned 8 months ago that she really liked this particular ring and he remembered. There was some scheming about that ring; one day I was having car trouble and I asked him if he could come over and look at my car. That evening I was washing dishes and Ross called and said he looked at my car. I asked him how he did that since my car sat in a parking deck all day long. He told me that was the story we were going to tell Beth in case she asked what he was doing that night because instead of working on my car he had been busy picking out her ring.

Thanksgiving rolled around and Beth and I talked throughout the day. It was difficult to not say anything because I am not the best at keeping secrets. I am the person that immediately tells you that I got you a gift and how much of a deal I got on it! I somehow kept my cool and didn't breathe one word about wedding rings, weddings, or wedding planning. Then I saw Beth again before the Michael Bolton concert and right before she came home, Ross showed Mom and I the ring on their Ipad and explained how he asked her entire family for her hand in marriage. Lord, Mom and I were tearing up and then Beth walked in! Mom and I must have played it off like veteran actors because she never caught on to us wiping away our tears!

Ross has talked to Mom countless times since Saturday! Of course, as soon as she got off the phone with him, I would get the latest update--a sista got to know now! Ross picked up the ring on Tuesday night and then today, before Beth got home from work, he taped a hand written love letter to the door. She was to read the letter and then walk in and Ross would be on bended knee. The night would be complete with a dinner by candlelight. However, Beth decided to go to the tanning bed after work and was really craving Mexican and suggested they go out to dinner. Ross somehow convinced her that they should eat at home tonight.

After hearing how it really happened from Beth she said she read the letter, opened the door and instead of stepping inside their apartment she stepped back and started crying. Ross had to ask her to come inside! Of course she said yes and both of them cried! The best thing is that Beth had absolutely no idea the ring was coming. None! She thought it might have happened sometime next year but definitely wasn't expecting it today.

I am just so happy for Beth and Ross. Their love is so evident and you can tell they are each other's best friend. How about this Beth: you can take my last name and I'll take Jace's!

HHI 2011

Playing Wii Dance, obviously I am one move behind Beth!

Thanksgiving 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment