Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mail

What is it about receiving mail that is so fun? I am not talking about bills or junk mail. I am talking about sweet letters and cards that put a smile on your face. Nothing is more wonderful than recognizing handwriting and tearing into the envelope.

When I got our mail today, I had a few things waiting for me. The first was the sweetest engagement card from a dear friend from church. Jace and I have received so many well wishes and congratulations in the past two weeks via cards, texts, phone calls, Facebook messages. So many people are excited for us and their excitement doesn't even compare to our excitement about this time in our lives. I still can't believe we are engaged!

The engagement card was enough for today but then I spotted it. THE box. Inside the box was my two bound Master's copies. I read each syllable making sure all words were spelt correctly. I am happy to say that SLAVES is now SAVES!!!! Holding the copy in my hands made everything real: Katelyn Jo Keith, BS, MS. Two little letters that took 3 years to earn!

At this point, I could have skipped around the block! But there was still one more piece of mail to open. This one was not as much fun as the other two. It was my bank statement for the wedding fund. Y'all those deposits are adding up! HA! Thank goodness Jace made the Excel spreadsheet!

I hope you have had a wonderful Thursday! As for tomorrow, we are all workin' for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment