Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hodge Podge

Friends! I have missed y'all! Life has been busy since our engagement and I have been meaning to blog for over a week now. With that being said, this post will be a hodge podge of things that have happened, my thoughts, and just whatever comes to mind.

Can I just say that I have the best girlfriends! Mrs. Lauren Hinton is back from Hawaii and the-after-the-honeymoon phone call took place last week. It was so good to talk to her and hear about the honeymoon, her thoughts about her wedding day, and married life. I am visiting her and Adam mid July and can't wait to see their home and catch up. Phones dates are nice but nothing beats sitting down to dinner with your girlfriends and laughing the night away.

As for Whitney, I love that girl. I love her because I can be totally honest with her. No matter what I am feeling, she will listen. She is also a great reader because I have sent her many an email pouring my heart and soul out. I can be raw and emotional and she lifts me back up. That is a true girlfriend.

Both of our jobs crossed paths and today I got to see her! We are both teaching at 4H Teen conference this week and she was presenting on the floor below me. Earlier this week,  we decide to go to Butts and Guts and Zumba tonight but with our teaching sessions running until 4:15 and the logistics of picking up her sweet baby, we decided to cancel. That was fine by me and I welcomed a night of getting home at an earlier time. Now, I could have gone to Butts and Guts and Zumba tonight. I have nothing scheduled. So I went. I went straight to Hunan's and picked up beef lo mein carry out! She called me when I pulled in the driveway and I confessed as to what I did. We both laughed!

I am beyond blessed to have two best friends.

I am also blessed to have a wonderful fiance! Last week Jace and I were talking about his school and in our discussion, he brought Jesus to the table. I was letting my pride get the best of me and I was getting a little too big for my britches. It was Jace who brought me back down to Earth and reminded me that we are not in control of this life and all glory comes from HIM. I am thankful for Jace's unwavering faith and am in awe of his humbleness. Lord, I pray that I can be more like him.

Speaking of faith, I am so excited for the additions to Crestwood Christian Church. This summer, many small groups have started with one being a bible study. I went to the informational session on Sunday evening and can't wait for the group to get going. The group is meeting the next two Sundays but I will be attending a conference and on vacation. I am ready to learn. I am ready to grow. I am ready to see what God wants to do with this group.

Now for a wedding update: y'all I have been BUSY!!! I can't tell you how fun all the planning has been. I have looked at linens, china, booked the caterer, scheduled our engagement pictures (in Jackson, MS!), met with the day of coordinator, poured through invitations, etc. Jace created an Excel budget spreadsheet for me. Bless his heart, he even used the colors of our wedding. Is he not the sweetest? But in all the fun, I have had my fair share of sticker shock. I am getting pretty good at comparison shopping y'all!

In all this planning, there have been some ironic things come up about our wedding date (Aug. 3, 2013). It is exactly 6 months from Jace's birthday, one day before my grandfather's birthday, and almost 8 years to the exact day of Jace and my first date. None of that was planned so it has been funny/ironic to think of all that. Must be a sign :)

Oh and remember when I talked about my Master's creative project misspelling HERE.  Well, I am still waiting on the revised bound edition. I called on Monday and they said it should be here this week. This has been a process but hopefully it will all be over soon.

In 8 days I am flying down to Jackson and then Jace and I are stealing away to Seaside, FL for a couple of days. I can't wait for an entire week of privacy and no agenda. Hallelujah for vacation leave!

I told y'all this would be a hodge podge of post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment