Thursday, March 22, 2012

My kids...

I have 2 children. They have four legs. My dog and cat mean the world to me and they truly are members of our family. Abby, also known as pup, and Big Momma bring a smile to my face no matter my mood. They know when I am upset or have had a bad day and bring a comfort that others can't. I miss them terribly since they are at my Mayfield home so whenever I can see them, it is a treat.

Pup, Jace, and I. Spring 2012
The other weekend, I went home and noticed that pup was limping pretty bad. I had never seen her do this before and immediately Mom and I were in the dog aisle at Wal-Mart. 1 bottle of adult dog joint medicine and $15 later, I thought we had found the cure. Of course after I gave her two tablets, I wanted her to be instantly cured and back to chasing squirrels and tennis balls. Our neighbor, Rocky, had noticed that pup was limping and checked her paw just in case something was in there. Nothing. Rocky suggested that Mom change pup's dog food. Mom purchased the food Rocky suggested and within two weeks Abby was acting like her ol' self. I am so thankful that she is back chasing squirrels, doing her rounds around the neighborhood, leaving toys and balls in the yard, and having that twinkle in her eye again. However, through this experience it has made me question what exactly is in her food. Makes you question what we put in our bodies as well.

As for the Big Momma, also known as the B-I-G or simply, the Big. She runs and rules our house. Pup is deathly afraid of her and tries to avoid her at all costs. Big comes into the house before pup and pup never stands up to the Big. She is getting older but still has some kitten in her every now and then. In her old age, she has realized that Ross and I aren't home all the time but when we do come home, she loves on us and we love on her. However, I do believe she is partial to Ross but then again pup is partial to me.


The Big

I will always have animals. Poor Jace will probably have to pull me away from the animal shelter because I will want to save all of them. I love animals so much that instead of giving out wedding favors, we are making a charitable contribution to a local animal shelter as our wedding gift to our guests.

They may be just a dog and cat to some but they are family to me! I hope you know the love an animal can give-it is like none other!

2 comments:

  1. Love Big Momma! Her and Brutus would make bee-u-tea-fur babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would make beautiful babies. However, the BIG has been fixed and I don't know how motherly she would be. She knows she is the queen!

      Delete