Thursday, March 15, 2012

"I looked better yesterday"

Thursday. Almost the end of the week. First "real" day of the NCAA tournament. The Cats play and begin the journey to our #8 National Championship. This was the perfect combination to dress a little relaxed at work today. I chose khaki pants, a UK shirt, and the classic Sperry's. Was it a cute outfit-No but I was supporting the Cats and that was all that mattered. When I put this outfit together this morning I didn't think I was going anywhere but work. Well, I ended up running to the mall today with my supervisor on our lunch hour. It was going to be a quick trip at the mall-in and out and no more than an hour. I knew I wasn't going to see anyone because almost all of UK students are gone on Spring Break and the rest of Kentucky is in Louisville to watch Murray and UK play today.

Wouldn't you know it--I ran into someone I knew. Not just someone I see everyday but someone from high school. You know that feeling of when see someone and want to say, "I looked better yesterday". That was the feeling I had when I saw her. On top of it, I hadn't seen this girl in years! Mortified I looked down after we chit chatted and noticed my shoe was almost untied and the back of my shirt was untucked. Wonderful. I am not going to lie--I ran to Dillard's and sat in the shoe section for most of the hour trying not to see anyone else I would know.

At the end of the day, I can only laugh at my outfit. What really matters is that the Cats are beating the WKU Hilltoppers right now and the brow is bowing down. #BBN

No comments:

Post a Comment