Sunday, March 9, 2014

Weekend Recap

Let me begin our weekend recap with a confession: y'all I was a tee-total wreck in church today. It was the cry that you can not stop and I didn't have a Kleenex. The reason I lost it was because the song from our wedding, "Give me Jesus", was sung.

Now, this is the part of the post where other technology-savvy bloggers would insert a clip so you could listen to the song. Honey, I don't know how to do that! So instead, I will give you the lyrics:

"In the mornin' when I rise, give me Jesus. You may have all this world, give me Jesus. Dark midnight was my cry. Oh, when I comes to die. Nobody but Jesus."

When Doug sang this at our wedding, his voice took me to church and back. We could have all just showed up to hear him sing that song and gone home because it was that moving. I believe it was the perfect song to begin our marriage and at the end of the day, even on our wedding day, just give me Jesus.

So back to today's service, I knew from reading the bulletin that the song was a part of today's worship. I was looking forward to hearing it but nothing prepared me for the amount of tears that followed. I think the reason I was so emotional was because that is what I wanted to do during our wedding ceremony. I wanted to hold up my hand and stop the ceremony, thank everyone for coming, and ask them if they would mind giving me about five minutes behind the alter centerpiece arrangement so I could let out a big ol' cry. After five minutes, I would have asked PinkLouLou to touch up my makeup and proceeded to get my crap together, because hello the show wedding must go on!

As we left church, I squeezed Jace's hand and told him he got an emotional one! Bless his heart! Jace didn't know what tears were before he met me!

I wasn't the only one crying this weekend--the Kentucky Wildcats cried too. Lord, have mercy on this team! Now listen, we live in Gainesville. Jace goes to UF. The Gators are ranked #1 in the nation. They are lead by senior leadership. They are fun to watch. I say all this because I cheered for the Gators in my UK t-shirt and do you blame me? Now, my blood is always blue but quite frankly, I am tired of the lack of effort and heart from these boys. Coach looks tired and the boys look frustrated. Kentucky fans put too much pressure on the boys and we forget they are freshman. When I was a freshman I was trying to survive Math 109  with Fuk Lee-Ho and Biology 101. I can't imagine what they are feeling!

The game for the CATS didn't go according to plan and it didn't help that it was Senior Day for the Gators. Jace and I have been to 8 or 9 games this season and I promise you, I have never heard it any louder in the O Dome before yesterday. The Gator fans showed up and showed out! I must say there is something to be said about Gators fans and the student section really is rowdy!

Though the game wasn't the greatest, what was great was that Jace and I got to see Kentucky people! The UK College of Agriculture Alumni Development office travels down to Gainesville every other year and meets with alumni. I have been excited about this event since we moved down here and it was so good to hear updates about the university and the college. I love the people from that office and it was so good to see UK family.

Overall it was a good weekend. We have just a few short days ahead of us before Mom and Beth are here and the Keith women will be reunited!

No comments:

Post a Comment