Saturday, December 21, 2013

Home for the Holidays

I have been excited to come home for weeks now and by Thursday I could barely contain my excitement. When the alarm went off on Friday morning, I didn't groan and roll over hoping to catch five more minutes of sleep. We hopped out of bed and honey we were on the road by 7 AM! This girl doesn't mess around when I go home! Jace and I had 10 1/2 hours in the car together which was much appreciated since finals has consumed our lives for over a month!

We made great time and honey I have never been more excited to enter into Kentucky or as Jace called it, the Promise Land! The closer we got to home, the louder I got! Things didn't get any better when I called the Teak and she said she was making my favorite comfort food-macaroni and cheese! We got stuck in 5 o'clock traffic on Richmond road and I was ever so thankful because it meant we were back in Lexington! Y'all I never knew how much I love this town until I left. We pulled into Teak's driveway and what did I see, but my momma's car!! That rat surprised Jace and I and had got into Lex 30 minutes before us!!!

So here I sit, in a town I love and have missed dearly, with the three most important people in my life. My heart couldn't be more full and I thank God to be at home with family during the holidays! Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet surprise! Enjoy your time at home! I know y'all will! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete