Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December Happenings

Thanksgiving came and went and now we are two weeks from Christmas! This month is flying by and thinking back on the last couple of weeks, we have done a few fun things and have a few things to look forward to.

Jace and I have attended two UF basketball games and y'all we have just the best time. Watching the Gators play doesn't compare to being in Rupp, but we are thankful that we can watch a good SEC team play ball. Jace gets in for free and a spouse ticket is just $8, which makes for a cheap and fun date. We are learning the cheers and chants for Florida and I must say the UF fans support their team. Last night, we watched the UF v. Kansas game and the drum line performed. They were terrific and I don't know what gets me more excited for a ballgame or football game than the drum line. We hope to attend as many games as we can!

Going to the game last night was an extra special treat because Jace is in the throes of finals. We don't normally have a date on a Tuesday night, let alone during finals. Jace's finals last two and a half weeks! He has completed two finals so far and has three more to go; in one week he will be finished. After this round of finals, Jace will be halfway done with the LLM program. Is that not crazy!

You know what else is crazy? Sweating when you sing "Here comes Santa Clause"! While the entire country is battling cold temperatures and bundling up, Jace and I have the air conditioner running and wearing shorts. The past two weeks have been in the 80s and I know, I know it sounds so nice when our friends and family are freezing but Jace and I would love to curl up on the couch with sweatpants on and eat soup on the weekends. Instead, we are ironing shorts and drinking lemonade. Without a doubt, we are going to freeze when we head home at Christmas. We have become Florida wimps.

Speaking of home, we are headed back to the great state of Kentucky on December 20th. If I could, I would already have the car packed up and ready to go. I can't wait to get back home and see our families. We will be in Kentucky for almost two weeks and I can NOT wait!  

I hope your December isn't too crazy and that you are getting things checked off your to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment