Monday, September 30, 2013

Keith Wedding Round 2!!!

Last Thursday I jumped out of bed because I knew by that night I would be back in Kentucky! Back home to see my little brother get married to his very best friend! Oh, what a wedding weekend it was!

I drove down to Orlando Thursday afternoon and flew Allegiant. Jace and I flew separate because he had class on Thursday. My flight got delayed and I got into Lex around 9 PM on Thursday. I really was hoping to fly in early because there is nothing like seeing the horse farms and Keeneland when you fly into Lex. Instead I watched the sun set into an auburn sky from my window seat and landed into a MUCH cooler Kentucky. Teak and Mom were there to greet me and I was beyond happy to see them. Florida is a long way from home and there are some days that I get homesick, so seeing them was such a treat.

Once we got home, Teak had a big dinner ready for me and you know I can't turn down her food. We stayed up and talked until 11:30 and it was great to have just the three of us together again. Friday I took a moment for me. I went to my old salon and got my hair did and my eyebrows waxed. It is a  great feeling leaving the salon isn't it! I helped Teak with a few things around the house and then it was time to head to the rehearsal dinner.

The rehearsal and wedding were at Acres of Land Winery in Richmond, Kentucky. I had never been there prior to their wedding and it is gorgeous. The scenery ministered to my soul because this girl is missing Fall and cooler temps.





While everyone is at home drinking pumpkin spice lattes and pulling out sweaters, Jace and I are still ironing shorts and drinking ice cold Countrytime lemonade. Y'all its hot and swampy in Gainesville and the cooler temperatures made me want to be outside all the time!

At the rehearsal, Beth coordinated everything. She was so organized and everyone listened to her detailed instructions. They practiced everything twice and then it was time to eat.


After dinner, they passed out gifts and Ross's groomsmen received monogrammed camo aprons that were a big hit. The reason the guys loved the apron so much was because it came with an attached bottle opener and a place to put a beer. We all got a kick out of the guys modeling and showing off their new apron.



Saturday Jace and I had lunch at Drake's and it was nice to go to a familiar place and be back in Lex. We were surrounded by Gator fans because all UK fans were tailgating. We truly can't get away from Florida. We flew both ways with Gator fans as well. We didn't necessarily want to chomp on with them; what we were ready to do was start the Ohhhhh, C-A-T-S chant! After filling our bellies, it was time to get ready put on my Spanx and head to the wedding.

Sara transformed the reception hall and wedding pergola.

Ross burned the K into stumps from Beth's Dad's farm!



The view from the wedding site was beyond gorgeous. People arrived early and lingered after the wedding to soak up the view.



Beth's girls were in plum and she wore an ivory lace, strapless gown.




She also wore the veil that my Mom and Aunt T wore at their weddings. She was gorgeous!


Ross and his guys were in khaki suits and everyone looked so handsome.

The two men in my life!

We are each other's Ho; a nickname we gave each other long ago!
Beth and Ross were rocks and didn't cry any during their ceremony. They said their vows and exchanged rings and did something that I hadn't seen before. Instead of lighting a unity candle, something they were afraid would blow out since they were outside, they added two roses to a bouquet.



Ross kissed his bride and honey it was time to celebrate!

We headed into the reception and they were formally introduced as Mr. & Mrs. Ross Keith. Toasts were given, the cake was cut, first dances were swayed too and then it was time to get down to business. Jace and I love to dance. We laugh at our bad moves, make up moves, scream sing the lyrics, and just have a good time. Not many people see this side of us but when we dance, we don't hold back. All of this said, my family about died when they saw Jace let loose like he did!

I forget what song it was but the crowd had formed an aisle that people danced down. Y'all I ran out there and before I knew it Jace was right behind me and we shimmied our way down. With that, we burned up the dance floor. The DJ was good but he was even better when I requested some classic wedding songs. Y'all I don't want to brag, but the Stampers brought down the house with our song requests. We requested Get Low, Shout, Mustang Sally, Don't Stop Believing, Achy Breaky Heart, and so much more. At one moment Ely and Jace were on their back during Shout! We had so much fun! It was one of the best wedding receptions I have been too and I will now judge a reception based on if I lost weight. If I dance so much and find out that I lost some weight the next day, that is a sign of a good reception. My calves still hurt and I don't walk, I limp.

Jace and I got to stay almost all day on Sunday with Mom and Teak. Teak fixed a great big meal and then we had to get on the plane. Right before we had to leave, I was sick. I was so nauseous and I think it was from all the rich food from the weekend. I was popping Pepto Bismal chewables like they were sweettarts and praying for God's healing hand to be placed on my belly. Have you ever starred down the toilet on an airplane? Well I don't recommend it. Thankfully, we landed in Orlando without any incident and started the two hour drive home. It was swampy when we landed and a mosquito the size of Texas landed on me. Nothing says welcome back like a mosquito bite while being in swamp like weather!

Overall, it was a great weekend. It was great to see family and so many friends. We loved getting a KY fix and feeling Fall weather! It was wonderful to be a part of Ross and Beth's beautiful wedding and see them come together as husband and wife. Beth, we love you and you and Ross compliment each other so well. We wish you may years of happiness!

1 comment:

  1. A country wedding! Checking the blog all the way and find out that you have a pergola wedding design. I never imagine how beautiful the scenery when I first saw it. The idea of the pergola teaches me how to write more about it http://balihutsuperstore.com.au/how-to-build-a-pergola/ .I’m looking forward to read more from this blog.

    ReplyDelete