Thursday, November 15, 2012

Duck Dynasty

Happy Thursday y'all! Listen, Thursday mornings are awful for me. Wanna know why? It is because the beards of Duck Dynasty keep me up until 11! Willie, Jase, Mrs. Kay, Phil, Uncle Si, and the rest of the gang keep me in stitches late at night and it has become my new favorite show!

Ross, my brother, first introduced me to the Duck Commander (Phil) several, several years ago. He owns numerous Duck Commander DVDs and proudly displays three different types of mounted ducks in his room. He owns several duck calls, duck call necklaces, camo, waiters, and whatever else a duck hunter needs. Ross obviously knew what was cool before the rest of the world because there is an intense following of Duck Dynasty now!

While I love a clean cut man in a suit, I can't help but love those crazy hunters and their beards. Their wives must love them too and let me just say Willie and Jase married nice looking women! The women must know the way to a man's heart and according to Mrs. Kay, it is through their stomach! She is always cooking for her family. Don't worry about running out of sweet tea either because Uncle Si carries around a pitcher, at all times! Then there is Mountain Man, who must do everything in West Monroe but is slower than molasses. I think what I love most about the show is the family focus and the prayer at the end of the show.

If you haven't watched it before, I encourage you to! It comes on Wednesdays nights on A&E 10/9C.

2 comments:

  1. Georgia wants to go to West Monroe and see the Robertsons. Her favorite is Si. She said if he shook her hand, she would never wash it! Si is Heather's favorite, too...and Dan says, "I just don't get it!" Doug has seen them several times at DU events and they are really great people. We look so forward to Wednesday nights, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I think Jase is my favorite! He is so funny!

    ReplyDelete