Wednesday, August 5, 2015

It's been awhile...

Hello, it's me. I haven't blogged in over a year and it saddens me that I was gone for so long. The truth is I have missed blogging and documenting our life. This past year has flown by and we are finally settled into life here in Nashville and honey we are loving every minute of it.

I truly hope I can keep the blog going but I'm not going to put any pressure on myself. Most nights I get home and after dinner and dishes are finished, I just want to crash. I don't know when I am going to blog but right now the words are flowing while I scarf down a Lean Cuisine during my lunch hour.

There are so many things that I need to go back and blog about: Ross is going to be a DAD (baby boy!), my high school reunion, the Shania Twain concert, our second year anniversary and then there are the funny things that happen in every day life that need to be remembered.

Something that I remember but would love to forget is school traffic. Listen, its a successful morning when I can get Jace and myself out the door in the morning with coffee and lunch in-hand. I by no means have any idea what it is like to dress someone, feed another mouth, and get out the door by 7 AM. God Bless mothers! And while I am blessing, let's bless the teachers that are taking on another school year. Your patience amazes me and your stories make me bend over in laughter. Y'all all say you are going to write a book with your stories and you should begin with Day 1--you know it would be a best seller!

On my way to work, I pass through 4 school zones and I am trying to get up earlier to avoid school traffic. I am also trying to avoid when the kiddos walk to school because I can't have vehicular manslaughter on my conscious or record. Another reason why I am getting up earlier is because I am trying to exercise. Jace has watched, listened, and encouraged me for several months while I sweat it out in our living room to the words, "you think you are going to die!" yelled by Jillian Michaels. Yes, Jillian, yes I do think I am going to die! And when I say Jace encourages me, he says "Good Job!" when I am finished while he eats his cereal and is checking early morning emails. Oh what I would give to eat his cereal instead of jumping lunges, crunches, and traveling push-ups. In case you are wondering, yes our neighbor below us must love us. Thank goodness she hasn't said anything about the banging upstairs in the mornings! So by the time I finish working out, catch my breath, and go through school traffic I am more than ready for my coffee and need a small devotional minute.

If you started school today, go get 'em tiger. If you have a few more days left of summer break, go to the pool for me! As for me, I'll be dying a slow and painful death at the hands of Jillian Michaels and praying that I don't get stuck in school traffic!

Happy to be back y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment