Monday, May 5, 2014

It takes so little...

Within approximately 24 hours, Jace will be done with finals for FOREVER!!! Let's just take a minute and relish in this wonderful moment.......

Finals have consumed both of our lives for almost three weeks now and though I have not physically taken an exam, I am living the lifestyle of a student. I visit with Jace when he gets home from the library and several nights we have seen midnight. Then Jace is up bright and early to get to school and I can't exactly fall back asleep after he gets up. Needless to say both Jace and I have had our fair share of cups of coffee these last few weeks. Thank goodness I work from home, if not I might have had to buy more concealer for these dark circles of mine.

Sans final weeks, we unwind on Friday nights with home made Italian food (read spaghetti and frozen meatballs) and a bottle of wine. Well, with finals our date night has been put on hold. However, things resume this week and even though its Monday we are both living for the weekend. It really takes very little to make us happy and we are excited to have something to look forward to for once. This weekend, Florida plays Vandy and we are going to watch at least one game. We thought we had missed out on the season but there are four home games left and thankfully three of them are SEC play. Saturday we are venturing to Tampa, which is about 2-2.5 hours away and heading to IKEA. We have never been to IKEA and are looking for things for the new apartment.

Here is the thing about furniture shopping, we have Dom PĂ©rignon taste on a Natty Light budget. Honey, I have "mentally" bought furniture, arranged accessories, hung pictures, and monogrammed shower curtains. All of this is equally exciting as depressing! I get so excited when I find things I like and then sadly realize that in no way, shape, or form will we be getting it anytime soon! A girl can dream right! Hopefully we will find budget friendly apartment finds at IKEA.

As I write this, I realize how sad all of this sounds. We are going to IKEA and a baseball game and I'm excited like a little girl right before her birthday. However, anything is better than getting excited about a new episode of Dateline and curling up with a real-life murder mystery like I have done for the past three weeks. Though Keith Morrison and I have had a "thriller" time together, I'm ready to do just about anything with Jace Stamper, including going to a ball game and IKEA. It really takes so little to please me...bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment