Sunday, April 6, 2014

Shouting (at CATS and lizards)

Y'all! About last night! My word! This UK basketball team has made me mad, shaved years off my life, and made me fall in love all over again. The team at the start of the season is not the same team we are watching now and that is why this tournament has been so fun to watch. I love seeing Big Blue Nation rally together, support this team, and enjoy the moment together. Coach Cal is right, we really are crazy but is there any other way to be?

The game started and Jace immediately started picking his nails. Its a nervous habit he does and it keeps his hands busy. (He does this when he is working too). He picks until his nails are at the quick and the boy needs a manicure worst than I do. We felt ok being down by 4 at the half; we knew we were still in the game and could come back. Kentucky fans are used to the "cardiac CATS" by now and know that its the last couple of minutes that really mean the most. When we fouled the Wisconsin player who was shooting the three point shot, I thought things aren't looking so good. THEN...Aaron shot that three! Y'all we woke up the entire complex. We let it be known that we are Kentucky born and raised and are proud UK fans. Jace jumped into the air like he was Superman and I was stomping my feet and screaming, "we goin' to the 'ship, we goin' to the 'ship!". We were so excited and screamed so much that I considered taking a Halls cough drop. Who would have believed UK would be preparing for the National Championship game and that Aaron Harrison could hit back-to-back three point game winning shots? I so proud to be a UK alum and a part of Big Blue Nation!

I thought my screaming was done for this weekend but it wasn't. At church this morning, proudly wearing our blue, we stood to sing the first hymn of the day. We were on the first stanza when out of the corner of my eye, I saw it. I wish I could say I saw the Holy Spirit but instead it was a LIZARD!!! It was the same kind of lizards that are everywhere here but I prefer for them to be outside and me, inside.

I froze still and Jace knew something was wrong. The lizard was on the floor just one pew in front of us. I thought if that sucker comes near me I will shout to the rooftops and I don't know if it will be "Hosanna". The song ended and I tapped the girl in front of us on the shoulder and told her there was a lizard right by her. She turned around a few seconds later and said it had went to the other side of the aisle. Now listen, I am just a girl from KY and we have blue-tailed lizards but they aren't everywhere like the lizards are here. I sat back, relieved the lizard was away from me but anxiously awaiting to watch people jump from their seats when they discovered our "visitor". Would you know that not one person jumped or moved from their seat. Floridians are more accustomed than I am to these guys.

After the game last night and the lizard this morning, I am worn out. My throat hurts and my nerves are shot. You know what can cure my problems? One more win from the CATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment