Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Michael Bolton: The Concert

Hello!!!!!! How was y'alls Thanksgiving? I am still thinking about my momma's sweet potato casserole and wish I could still be eating it!

Listen, my momma raised Ross and I on 3 things: Cher, Wheel of Fortune, and Michael Bolton. Honey, I can sing almost any Cher songs and can whip your butt in Wheel! If I am lyin', I am dyin', my momma has Michael Bolton VHS tapes and told me last night she has a DVD of his music videos (when did she purchase that?!)

When Ross and I heard that Michael Bolton would be coming to the Eastern Kentucky Performing Arts Center, we knew we had to get Mom tickets to his concert. As part of her Christmas gift, we got her tickets and the concert was last night. I was excited because I knew Mom was excited but I had no idea how much fun we would have. Michael put on a great concert and I was swaying in my seat, let out several "Woot Woot", and sang along to several songs. I think the entire audience enjoyed the concert but a group of ladies really enjoyed it. Y'all I thought they were going to go home braless. They were all about M.B!

He had a wonderful duet partner and she was fabulous. He also had a saxophone player that stole the show multiple times. Michael sang his classic songs like "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay", "Georgia on my Mind", "Time, Love, and Tenderness", "How am I supposed to live without You", "I Found Someone", and the throw back "When a Man Loves a Woman".

There was one moment when Michael came out into the crowd and I thought Mom was going to die! Here is the closet shot I could get of him:


I had the best time and the concert was a ton of fun. I am so happy Ross and I could take Mom. I know Mom is always happy to have her kiddos around and for the three of us to spend time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment